FAQ House Rules Terms and Conditions
Taro Mille Crêpe Cake Online Class
Ever dream of creating layers upon layers of a decadent crepe cake? Well, wait no more! By popular demand, we have curated this series of crepe cake classes - easily created from the comfort of your home! In this Taro crepe cake class, learn how to make a yam-flavoured pastry cream and delicate sweet potato crepes; a fusion cake rooted in classic Singaporean flavours. Go nuts over our ginkgo studded cake as we take you step by step into intricate piping details as well. I Yam excited to see you for this class!
- Sweet Potato Crepes
- Yam Pastry Cream
- Yam Diplomat Cream
- Braided Piping Technique
- How to evenly layer a crepe cake
- How to fry a perfect crepe
- How to sandwich filling in a crepe cake
Online Course Summary
By attending this course, you will learn how to create your very own Taro Mille Crêpe Cake from scratch to share with your family and friends.
Class Duration: 2.5 hours
Class Type: Online class via Zoom
Before signing up, please read the important pointers below:
- Crepe batter is required to rest overnight for best results. To follow along the assembly, please prepare the crepe batter and/or crepes before the class starts.
- Instructor will prepare all components beforehand as to keep within the time limit of the class.
- Physical demonstration of all components will be shown but you may be unable to follow along in real time. You may request for a copy of the recorded video after the session.
Materials & Equipment Required:
- Hand held Whisk
- Rubber Spatula
- Measuring spoons
- Weighing Scale
- 7.5 – 8”/22cm non-stick frying pan (Lau Choy Seng)
- 1.5 oz ladle (Lau Choy Seng)
- Large bowls x 2
- Small bowl x 1
- Plate and Parchment for cooked crepes
Vanilla Pastry Cream and Diplomat Cream
- Mixing bowl with Whisk attachment
- Small bowl x1
- 8” cake board x 2
- Angle palette knife (Blade to be at least 3” long)
- Piping bag
- #16 Star Piping Tip
- Turn table
The full ingredient list and workbook will be sent via email once the class booking is confirmed.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you proceed to register for the class.