Hae Bee Hiam & Nian Gao Pineapple Tarts (Taiwanese Style) 6
Hae Bee Hiam & Nian Gao Pineapple Tarts (Taiwanese Style)
All of us have our favourite Lunar New Year treats; Spicy Chili Prawn Crackers, Nian Gao (Glutinous rice cake), Pineapple Tarts. With that in mind, we have created our unique rendition of the Taiwanese-style pineapple tarts, that are a perfect combination of savoury, spicy, sweet and chewiness. Time to indulge yourself and surprise your family and friends with these exquisite goodies this Chinese New Year!
About the Class
In this class, you will learn:
- How to make the short crust pastry dough for pineapple tarts.
- How to portion and prepare the fillings and wrap them with the pineapple paste.
- How to shape the pineapple tarts – Taiwanese Style.
- How to apply egg wash and bake the tarts in the oven to get the desired colour and taste.
- Duration: 3 Hours.
- Type: Full Hands-on.
- Recommended age: 16 Years Old and Above.
- Equipment, ingredients and packaging will all be provided.
- Each student will get ONE BOX of 9 to 10 pieces of Hae Bee Hiam Pineapple Tarts and ONE BOX of 9 to 10 Nian Gao Pineapple Tarts.
*Students will work in PAIRS to prepare the doughs but will get to portion, shape and bake their own pineapple tarts INDIVIDUALLY.
*Pineapple paste is store-bought, but we will provide recommendations based on our research
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you proceed to register for the class.
- Duration of class might be extended instead of the stipulated timings.
- Cleaning/Washing will be part of the baking experience.
- Fees for scheduled classes must be paid fully in advance to secure your booking. Your booking is only confirmed once full payment has been received.
- Once your booking is confirmed, no refunds or transfers to another class will be given.
- Payment will be fully forfeited regardless of the unforeseen circumstances. We recommend that you arrange for someone to attend in your place. Please inform us of the person who will be attending in your place.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.