Sarawak Layer Cake - Kueh Lapis
Kueh Lapis is almost synonymous with Chinese New year as no CNY celebration is complete without it! This year, up the ante and impress your guests by serving the intricate Kueh Lapis Sarawak made with the renowned Wijsman Dutch Butter. Every layer of this cake is carefully grilled, resulting in a colourfully striped pattern and a deliciously toasty brown crust. That is then carefully sliced into stripes and reassembled to form an intricately patterned roll.
About the Course
In this course, you will learn:
- How to mix and prepare your batter
- How to achieve consistent and even layers
- How to control the oven to bake your Kueh Lapis
- How to assemble Kueh Lapis Sarawak
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Type: Full Hands-on
- Recommended age: 16 Years Old and Above
- Equipment, ingredients, and packaging will all be provided
*Students will work INDIVIDUALLY to prepare their batter and will get to bring home a 3” x 8” Kueh Lapis roll each.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you proceed to register for the class.
- Duration of class might be extended instead of the stipulated timings.
- Cleaning/Washing will be part of the baking experience.
- Fees for scheduled classes must be paid fully in advance to secure your booking. Your booking is only confirmed once full payment has been received.
- Once your booking is confirmed, no refunds or transfers to another class will be given.
- Payment will be fully forfeited regardless of the unforeseen circumstances. We recommend that you arrange for someone to attend in your place. Please inform us of the person who will be attending in your place.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.
View Other Dates for this Class