Sarawak Layer Cake - Kueh Lapis
Kueh Lapis is almost synonymous with Chinese New year as no CNY celebration is complete without it! This year, up the ante and impress your guests by serving the intricate Kueh Lapis Sarawak made with the renowned Wijsman Dutch Butter. Every layer of this cake is carefully grilled, resulting in a colourfully striped pattern and a deliciously toasty brown crust. That is then carefully sliced into stripes and reassembled to form an intricately patterned roll.
About the Course
In this course, you will learn:
- How to mix and prepare your batter
- How to achieve consistent and even layers
- How to control the oven to bake your Kueh Lapis
- How to assemble Kueh Lapis Sarawak
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Type: Full Hands-on
- Recommended age: 16 Years Old and Above
- Equipment, ingredients, and packaging will all be provided
*Students will work INDIVIDUALLY to prepare their batter and will get to bring home a 3” x 8” Kueh Lapis roll each.