Oriental Mooncake Symphony (4 in 1)
This mid autumn festival, learn how to make not 1, 2 but 4 different mooncakes!
We're going Japanese inspired this year, bringing you unique flavors for gifting or indulgence with your loved ones.
For a traditional experience, you would be learning how to make honey osmanthus with double yolk and black sesame mochi, for that additional chewiness and twist.
For the experimental experience, learn how to make your own snowskin mooncake and create those delicate marbling effect. You would also learn how to encase and incorporate additional ingredients like yuzu peel and azuki beans in your lotus paste!
Come and join us for a fun-filled and delicious class that will leave you with a new skill and a satisfied palate!b
About the Class
In this class, you will learn:
- How to make the dough for traditional mooncakes.
- How to wrap double egg yolks in paste to make traditional mooncakes.
- How to make snow skin from scratch.
- How to prepare different filling from lotus paste.
- How to prepare mochi (Demo only)
- How to encrust and use mooncake moulds to make both traditional and snow skin mooncakes by hand.
- Duration: 3.5 Hours.
- Type: Full Hands-on.
- Recommended age: 16 Years Old and Above.
- Equipment, ingredients and packaging will all be provided.
- Each student will go home with TWO Traditional Mooncake and SIX Snow Skin Mooncake
*Students will work in PAIRS to prepare the dough and the fillings but will get to wrap, bake and create their own mooncakes INDIVIDUALLY.