Inspired by the honeydew cake trend, we decided to put a local twist to this cake by fusing a well-loved honeydew sago dessert with this honeydew cake! Inside contains a cloud-like angel food sponge, layered with a creamy honeydew sago mousse and fresh honeydew cubes wedged in-between luscious whipped cream. Learn how to decorate this cake using Korean-inspired minimal cake design using fresh melon spheres and thyme leaves. A delicious and creamy combination, this cake is the epitome of anyone’s honeydew dreams!
About the Course
In this course, you will learn:
- How to prepare and make angel food cake
- How to prepare a mousse filling using sago (Demonstration only)
- How to frost a full cake using fresh cream
- How to make melon spheres without using a melon baller
- How to layer fresh honeydew cubes inside cake
- How to decorate a cake minimally (Korean-inspired)
- Duration: 3.5 Hours
- Type: Full Hands-on
- Recommended age: 16 years old and above
- Quantity: One 6-inch cake per student
*Students will work in PAIRS for each component, but will assemble cakes individually.