Steamed Hedgehog Bao (Little Miss Bento) 3
Steamed Hedgehog Bao
Come join our very own local award winning bento artist, cookbook author and blogger, Shirley from Little Miss Bento, for a kawaii-filled baking and full hands-on session to make your very own steamed baos (buns) in the form of a cute little hedgehog! These adorable hedgehogs are filled with delicious lotus paste and sculpted from scratch. Shirley will be imparting all her tips and tricks on how to achieve her signature character steam baos. Don't miss out on this opportunity!
About the Course
By attending this course, you will learn the following:
- How to prepare Shirley’s own steamed bun recipe
- How to knead and shape the dough
- How to colour the dough
- Various tips and techniques on proofing and handling the dough
- Shaping of the hedgehogs
- Tips on steaming buns
- Decoration of buns with edible food pens
Each participant will receive a certificate signed by Shirley herself at the end of the workshop.
Bring home 6 single serving Steamed Hedgehog Baos specially made by yourself!
(Students will work in pairs to prepare the initial dough but will knead and sculpt their own hedgehogs individually)
Class Duration: 4 hours
Class Type: Hands on
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you proceed to register for the class.
- Duration of class might be extended instead of the stipulated timings.
- Cleaning/Washing will be part of the baking experience.
- Fees for scheduled classes must be paid fully in advance to secure your booking. Your booking is only confirmed once full payment has been received.
- Once your booking is confirmed, no refunds or transfers to another class will be given.
- Payment will be fully forfeited regardless of the unforeseen circumstances. We recommend that you arrange for someone to attend in your place. Please inform us of the person who will be attending in your place.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.