The Cake Botanist will take you through the basics to icing a cake, achieving crisp edges, using edible colours to create watercolour textures and mastering the techniques to making this stunning David Austin Sugar flower rose.
This course is aimed at students of who have done some cake decorating before, although beginners are more than welcome to come and learn too. The Cake botanist will demonstrate every technique and give you the cake confidence you need to go further and create more show stopping cakes!
You will learn the difference between sugarpaste and florist paste, how to blend colours on cakes, how to make large statement sugar flowers that can be used for any occasion.
About the Course
On this course you will learn:
- Learn how to mask a layered cake and use a acrylic ganaching plates and achieve sharp edges even with ganache
- How to work with Sugar Florist Paste and its unique properties from sugarpaste and other pastes
- How to work with various cutters and sugar flower modeling tools to shape flowers and give them a delicate finish
- How to sugarpaste sponge cakes and give them sharper edges
- How to work with sugar flower tints and dust sugar flowers to make them have that professional finish
- How to use edible tints to brush, blend and create watercolour effects on cakes
- How to assemble and style your flowers onto a cake to make it stand out
Plus a lot of skills and advice given to you that you can’t find online and of course everything you have made in the class