Liu Sha Bao (Salted Egg Custard)
Head to any Dim Sum restaurants and you will be able to find this on the menu. In this class, you will be replicating the popular Liu Sha Bao. This bao has a smooth and flavorful homemade salted egg custard encased in a soft and fluffy white bun! Learn how to make 2 variations: The famed Salted Egg Custard Liu Sha, and a Bakers Brew Studio Version; a Dark Chocolate Salted Egg Bun.
Come join us for a full hands-on class and bring home 2 variations of Molten Liu Sha Baos to impress your friends and family!
About the Course
In this course, you will learn:
- How to prepare a Whipped Salted Egg Custard
- How to prepare a chocolate version of the Salted Egg Custard
- How to make a Chinese bao recipe and get tips on proofing
- How to achieve Molten custard effect
- How to fill and wrap a bao
Class Duration: 3 hours
Class Type: Hands-on
Quantity: Total of 6-8 Standard sized Baos
Recommended age: 16 Years Old and Above
Equipment, ingredients and packaging will all be provided
Do note that preparation and mixing of ingredients will be done in pairs while assembly of the Liu Sha Baos will be individual work.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you proceed to register for the class.1
- Duration of class might be extended instead of the stipulated timings.
- Cleaning/Washing will be part of the baking experience.
- Fees for scheduled classes must be paid fully in advanced to secure your booking.
- Your booking is only confirmed once full payment has been received
- Once your booking is confirmed, no refunds or transfer to another class will be given. Payment will be fully forfeited regardless of the unforeseen circumstances.
- We recommend that you arrange for someone to attend in your place. Please inform us of the person who will be attending in your place.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.