Traditional Yam Cake
This traditional steamed cake made from yam pieces, dried shrimp, dried scallops and traditional Chinese “lup cheong” sausages is jam packed with aromas and flavours. It is then topped with fried shallots, spring onions, chillis and served with a savoury dipping sauce.
About the Course
In this course, you will learn:
- How slice, chop and prepare ingredients
- Method of pan frying
- Steaming and unmoulding of cake
- How to make a dipping sauce
- Duration: 3.5 Hours
- Type: Full Hands-on
- Recommended age: 16 Years Old and Above
- Equipment, ingredients and packaging will all be provided
- Each student goes home with one 6” square traditional yam cake
*Students will work in PAIRS to prepare the components but will assemble and decorate their own Traditional Yam Cakes INDIVIDUALLY
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you proceed to register for the class.
- Duration of class might be extended instead of the stipulated timings.
- Cleaning/Washing will be part of the baking experience.
- Fees for scheduled classes must be paid fully in advance to secure your booking. Your booking is only confirmed once full payment has been received.
- Once your booking is confirmed, no refunds or transfers to another class will be given.
- Payment will be fully forfeited regardless of the unforeseen circumstances. We recommend that you arrange for someone to attend in your place. Please inform us of the person who will be attending in your place.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.