Pineapple Tarts (Peranakan Style)
Happy Chinese New year! Usher in the Lunar New Year with the favorite snack of the season, Pineapple Tarts! These tarts are made with a traditional Peranakan recipe but made with modern methods to ensure beautiful tarts every time!
About the Course
By attending this course, you will learn the following:
- How to make flaky Peranakan tart pastry by hand (Rub-In Method)
- How to design tart pastry to make both open and closed tarts
- How to make fragrant pineapple jam using fresh pineapple (Demo) and store bought jam (Partial Hands-On)
- Duration: 3.5 Hours
- Type: Full Hands-on
- Recommended age: 16 Years Old and Above
- Equipment, ingredients and packaging will all be provided
*Students will work in PAIRS to prepare Pastry and Jam but will assemble and decorate their own Pineapple Tarts INDIVIDUALLY
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you proceed to register for the class.
- Duration of class might be extended instead of the stipulated timings.
- Cleaning/Washing will be part of the baking experience.
- Fees for scheduled classes must be paid fully in advance to secure your booking. Your booking is only confirmed once full payment has been received.
- Once your booking is confirmed, no refunds or transfers to another class will be given.
- Payment will be fully forfeited regardless of the unforeseen circumstances. We recommend that you arrange for someone to attend in your place. Please inform us of the person who will be attending in your place.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.