Kuih Salat Cake 1
Kuih Salat Cake
Kuih Salat, also known as Kuih Seri Muka, is a traditional nonya kuih that is commonly found in Singapore and Malaysia. It is made up of two main layers - the pandan custard layer and a coconut glutinous rice layer. The layers are cooked through the process of steaming and although the process is rather tedious, we assure you that you will be duly rewarded with the end product. Come and join us in this class to reminisce on the ever so familiar and fragrant flavours of this traditional kuih.
About the Course
In this course, you will learn:
- How to prepare and steam a pandan, coconut based glutinous rice
- How to prepare and steam a "kaya" custard layer
- Tips and tricks on steaming and reheating
- Colouring of glutinous rice layer will be using natural blue pea flowers (optional)
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Type: Full Hands-on
- Recommended age: 16 Years Old and Above
- Equipment, ingredients and packaging will all be provided
*Students will work INDIVIDUALLY to steam and assemble their own 6" cake.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you proceed to register for the class.
- Duration of class might be extended instead of the stipulated timings.
- Cleaning/Washing will be part of the baking experience.
- Fees for scheduled classes must be paid fully in advance to secure your booking. Your booking is only confirmed once full payment has been received.
- Once your booking is confirmed, no refunds or transfers to another class will be given.
- Payment will be fully forfeited regardless of the unforeseen circumstances. We recommend that you arrange for someone to attend in your place. Please inform us of the person who will be attending in your place.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.