Zen Garden Genmaicha Roll Cake 5
Inspired by the calming Japanese Zen gardens, our Zen garden roll cake is filled with layers of bittersweet Genmaicha sponge, Azuki filling and Kinako (roasted soybean powder) cream - taste Japan with every bite! Come learn tips and tricks of how to achieve the vertical sponge layers, as well as how to ‘rake’ and decorate your very own edible Zen Garden.
About the Class
In this class, you will learn:
- How to make a Genmaicha chiffon sponge.
- How to prepare azuki filling from cooked canned beans. (demo)
- How to make kinako whipped cream.
- How to assemble the cake to achieve its unique layers.
- How to create the raked texture and achieve the ‘sandy’ look.
- Duration: 3.5 Hours.
- Type: Full Hands-on.
- Recommended age: 16 Years Old and Above.
- Equipment, ingredients and packaging will all be provided.
- Each student will go home with one 8” diameter round cake
*Students will work in PAIRS to prepare the cake batter and kinako cream, but assemble and decorate their own cakes INDIVIDUALLY.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you proceed to register for the class.
- Duration of class might be extended instead of the stipulated timings.
- Cleaning/Washing will be part of the baking experience.
- Fees for scheduled classes must be paid fully in advance to secure your booking. Your booking is only confirmed once full payment has been received.
- Once your booking is confirmed, no refunds or transfers to another class will be given.
- Payment will be fully forfeited regardless of the unforeseen circumstances. We recommend that you arrange for someone to attend in your place. Please inform us of the person who will be attending in your place.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.