Classic Opera Cake 7
Marvel at the many layers of coffee decadence with a French classic - the Opera. Not only are the layers of joconde sponge, espresso cream, feuilletine crunch and dark chocolate ganache a theatrical feast for the eyes, you’ll be singing with joy once you take your first bite! (That’s how the Opera cake got its name). Come master the art of building this delicate dessert with us and bring this show-stopping cake to your next gathering!
About the Class
In this class, you will learn:
- How to make an almond based joconde sponge cake.
- How to make a substitute of a french buttercream with basic equipment.
- How to assemble the many layers of an opera cake evenly.
- How to pipe the classic ‘Opera’ with chocolate ganache.
- Duration: 3.5 Hours.
- Type: Full Hands-on.
- Recommended age: 16 Years Old and Above.
- Equipment, ingredients and packaging will all be provided.
- Each student will go home with one 6” diameter square cake.
*Students will work in PAIRS to prepare the cake batter, espresso cream and chocolate ganache, but assemble and decorate their own cakes INDIVIDUALLY.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you proceed to register for the class.
- Duration of class might be extended instead of the stipulated timings.
- Cleaning/Washing will be part of the baking experience.
- Fees for scheduled classes must be paid fully in advance to secure your booking. Your booking is only confirmed once full payment has been received.
- Once your booking is confirmed, no refunds or transfers to another class will be given.
- Payment will be fully forfeited regardless of the unforeseen circumstances. We recommend that you arrange for someone to attend in your place. Please inform us of the person who will be attending in your place.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.