Zen Garden Genmaicha Roll Cake
Inspired by the calming Japanese Zen gardens, our Zen garden roll cake is filled with layers of bittersweet Genmaicha sponge, Azuki filling and Kinako (roasted soybean powder) cream - taste Japan with every bite! Come learn tips and tricks of how to achieve the vertical sponge layers, as well as how to ‘rake’ and decorate your very own edible Zen Garden.
About the Class
In this class, you will learn:
- How to make a Genmaicha chiffon sponge.
- How to prepare azuki filling from cooked canned beans. (demo)
- How to make kinako whipped cream.
- How to assemble the cake to achieve its unique layers.
- How to create the raked texture and achieve the ‘sandy’ look.
- Duration: 3.5 Hours.
- Type: Full Hands-on.
- Recommended age: 16 Years Old and Above.
- Equipment, ingredients and packaging will all be provided.
- Each student will go home with one 8” diameter round cake
*Students will work in PAIRS to prepare the cake batter and kinako cream but assemble and decorate their own cakes INDIVIDUALLY.