Queen's Gambit Checkerboard Cake
Queen’s Gambit Checkerboard Cake
Taking inspiration from the Netflix show "The Queen's Gambit", we have come up with an intricate and impressive checkerboard cake. This cake is made and assembled with a combination of both vanilla and chocolate sponges, and frosted with a delicious cocoa buttercream. You will be learning all the tips and techniques behind how to assemble the cake in order to achieve the "checkered" design.
By attending this course, you will learn:
- How to bake a vanilla and chocolate cake sponge
- How to assemble and create checkerboard effect
- How to prepare cocoa buttercream
- To frost a layered cake with buttercream and decorate with dried edible flower petals.
- Duration: 3.5 Hours
- Type: Full Hands-on
- Recommended age: 16 Years Old and Above
- Equipment, ingredients and packaging will all be provided
*Students will work in PAIRS to bake the cake layers but will frost and decorate their own 6" cake INDIVIDUALLY