Kuih Salat Cake
Kuih Salat, also known as Kuih Seri Muka, is a traditional nonya kuih that is commonly found in Singapore and Malaysia. It is made up of two main layers - the pandan custard layer and a coconut glutinous rice layer. The layers are cooked through the process of steaming and although the process is rather tedious, we assure you that you will be duly rewarded with the end product. Come and join us in this class to reminisce on the ever so familiar and fragrant flavours of this traditional kuih.
About the Course
In this course, you will learn:
- How to prepare and steam a pandan, coconut based glutinous rice
- How to prepare and steam a "kaya" custard layer
- Tips and tricks on steaming and reheating
- Colouring of glutinous rice layer will be using natural blue pea flowers (optional)
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Type: Full Hands-on
- Recommended age: 16 Years Old and Above
- Equipment, ingredients and packaging will all be provided
*Students will work INDIVIDUALLY to steam and assemble their own 6" cake.