We will take you through the basics of icing a cake, achieving crisp edges with buttercream frosting.
This course is aimed at students of who have done some cake decorating before, although beginners are more than welcome to come and learn too. We will demonstrate the techniques of buttercream flowers and give you the cake confidence you need to go further and create more show-stopping cakes!
You will learn the how to use complementary colours to create an enchanting floral wreath.
About the Course
On this course you will learn:
- How to prepare and make vanilla swiss meringue buttercream through a demonstration
- To handle different piping tips and floral nails
- How to pipe 3D buttercream floral roses
- To assemble and frost a layered cake with buttercream and decorate with their own buttercream floral roses and baby breaths
Class Duration: 3.5 hours
Class Type: Hands on
Bring home a 6" inch Floral Wreath Cake, specially frosted by yourself!
Please be advised on the following:
- Cake layers will be pre-made with the following flavour: Chocolate Cake
- Buttercream will be pre-made for the class.
- Duration of class might be extended instead of the stipulated timings.
- Cleaning/Washing will be part of the baking experience.
- This class is recommended for participants with basic frosting experience.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you proceed to register for the class.
- Fees for scheduled classes must be paid fully in advance to secure your booking. Your booking is only confirmed once full payment has been received.
- Once your booking is confirmed, no refunds or transfers to another class will be given.
- Payment will be fully forfeited regardless of the unforeseen circumstances. We recommend that you arrange for someone to attend in your place. Please inform us of the person who will be attending in your place.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.