SKILLS FUTURE CLAIMABLE
Chocolate is a very versatile and commonly used ingredient in the culinary world. Depending on the percentage of Cocoa, the use of chocolate lends a hand in cutting down the overall sweetness and/or changing the texture of the dessert itself. We often see chocolate being used a component in cakes, a ganache as a filling, in mousses to give stability and even as chocolate decorations and showpieces.
In this course, students will first learn about the history of chocolate, its’ various origins, the process of making chocolate and the difference between couverture chocolate and compound chocolate. Our instructors will also share with you the intricacies of chocolate tempering, the importance of temperature and tips and tricks on handling chocolate.
Students will be doing, from scratch, a stunning French-style chocolate ‘entremet’ consisting of various layers of textures and techniques, finishing off with a shiny milk chocolate glaze. Students will also have a hands-on tempering session under the guidance of our instructors using the tabling method, and experience making various chocolate decorations that they can use to decorate their entremet!
By attending this course, you will learn:
Techniques of Chocolate Tempering
- Demonstration by instructor and hands-on session on tempering and handling chocolate using the tabling method
- Various pointers and information on chocolate tempering
- Students will experience using the tempered chocolate to make the following decorations
- Chocolate Feathers
- Geometric Shapes (Triangles, rectangles, circles)
- Chocolate Shards
Chocolate Entremet Components
- Students will learn how to make a stunning French-style chocolate 7" ‘entremet’ from scratch. This entremet consists of various layers, textures and techniques that uses chocolate
- Dark Chocolate Mousse (Stable)
- Flourless Chocolate Sponge
- Chocolate Cremeux
- Dark Chocolate Shiny Glaze
- Raspberry Jelly
- Peanut Butter Feuilletine Base
Information about Chocolate
- Various origins, the process of making chocolate
- Difference between couverture chocolate and compound chocolate
- Different brands and types of chocolate
- Recommendations and FAQ on chocolate
Summary and conclusion
- Certificate presentation
- Photo taking
All materials will be provided.
Class Duration: 8 hours
Class Type: Baking and Decoration
*Certain components of the entremet will be done in pairs/group, but each student will be assembling their own 7" Chocolate Entremet individually.
Bring home a 7-inch Chocolate Entremet topped with your own chocolate decorations.
Please read our Terms and Conditions (SKILLSFUTURE) before you proceed to register for the class.
Terms & Conditions (SKILLSFUTURE)