Traditional Baked Mooncake (With Salted Egg Yolk) 5
Traditional Baked Mooncake (With Salted Egg Yolk)
With all the spotlight on modern and innovative flavored snowskin or ice-cream mooncakes, we tend to lose sight of our roots. In this course, let us go back in time and learn how to make traditional baked mooncakes with a salted egg yolk center. You will find that a lot of time and patience is required for these mooncakes as compared to the popular snowskin mooncakes but trust us, it will be all worth it!
About the Course
In this course, you will learn:
- How to prepare a spiced mooncake syrup
- How to make the mooncake skin from scratch
- How to treat and prepare the whole salted egg yolk
- How to mould the traditional mooncakes
- Baking and storing tips
*Store-bought lotus paste will be used
Class Duration: 3 hours
Class Type: Hands-on
Quantity: 6-8 Mooncakes (4.5cm diameter, 3cm height)
Recommended age: 16 Years Old and Above
Equipment, ingredients and packaging will all be provided
Do note that preparation and mixing of ingredients will be done in pairs while assembly of the mooncakes will be individual work.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you proceed to register for the class.
- Duration of class might be extended instead of the stipulated timings.
- Cleaning/Washing will be part of the baking experience.
- Fees for scheduled classes must be paid fully in advanced to secure your booking.
- Your booking is only confirmed once full payment has been received
- Once your booking is confirmed, no refunds or transfer to another class will be given.
- Payment will be fully forfeited regardless of the unforeseen circumstances.
- We recommend that you arrange for someone to attend in your place.
- Please inform us of the person who will be attending in your place
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email.
- You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.