Queen’s Gambit Checkerboard Cake 6
Queen’s Gambit Checkerboard Cake
Taking inspiration from the Netflix show "The Queen's Gambit", we have come up with an intricate and impressive checkerboard cake. This cake is made and assembled with a combination of both vanilla and chocolate sponges, and frosted with a delicious cocoa buttercream. You will be learning all the tips and techniques behind how to assemble the cake in order to achieve the "checkered" design.
By attending this course, you will learn:
- How to bake a vanilla and chocolate cake sponge
- How to assemble and create checkerboard effect
- How to prepare cocoa buttercream
- To frost a layered cake with buttercream and decorate with dried edible flower petals.
- Duration: 3.5 Hours
- Type: Full Hands-on
- Recommended age: 16 Years Old and Above
- Equipment, ingredients and packaging will all be provided
*Students will work in PAIRS to bake the cake layers but will frost and decorate their own 6" cake INDIVIDUALLY
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you proceed to register for the class.
- Duration of class might be extended instead of the stipulated timings.
- Cleaning/Washing will be part of the baking experience.
- Fees for scheduled classes must be paid fully in advance to secure your booking. Your booking is only confirmed once full payment has been received.
- Once your booking is confirmed, no refunds or transfers to another class will be given.
- Payment will be fully forfeited regardless of the unforeseen circumstances. We recommend that you arrange for someone to attend in your place. Please inform us of the person who will be attending in your place.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.