Artisanal Kueh Masterclass (Half Day Course)
Step into the enchanting world of traditional Asian desserts with our Artisanal Kueh Masterclass. Immerse yourself in the art of kueh-making as we guide you through the intricacies of creating three iconic kueh delicacies: Durian Kueh Salat, Ang Ku Kueh, and Jiu Cheng Gao. This hands-on class will take you on a journey of flavors, cultural significance, and culinary heritage.
In this class, you'll learn the secrets behind crafting these exquisite kueh varieties, each with its own unique textures and tastes.
Whether you're a culinary enthusiast, a heritage seeker, or simply a kueh lover, this Traditional Kueh Masterclass is the perfect opportunity to delve into the rich traditions of Asian desserts and cultivate your kueh-making skills.
About the Class
In this class, you will learn:
- How to make the Ang Gu Kueh in 3 flavors: Peanut, Mung Bean and Taro
- How to make durian salat
- How to make steamed rainbow lapis (jiu cheng gao)
- How to achieve the perfect ratio for kueh
- Tips on storage and how to reheat kueh
- About different types of flours and their properties
- About different types of steaming techniques
- Duration: 5 Hours.
- Type: Full Hands-on.
- Recommended age: 16 Years Old and Above.
- Equipment, ingredients and packaging will all be provided.
- Each student will go home with 9 Ang Ku Kueh (3 of Each Flavor), 6" Durian Salat and a 6" Rainbow Lapis
*Students will work individually
*20% Discount is NOT APPLICABLE for Weekday Annual Members for this course
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you proceed to register for the class.
- Duration of class might be extended instead of the stipulated timings.
- Cleaning/Washing will be part of the baking experience.
- Fees for scheduled classes must be paid fully in advance to secure your booking. Your booking is only confirmed once full payment has been received.
- Once your booking is confirmed, no refunds or transfers to another class will be given.
- Payment will be fully forfeited regardless of the unforeseen circumstances. We recommend that you arrange for someone to attend in your place. Please inform us of the person who will be attending in your place.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.