Matcha Red Bean Totoro Buns
Learn to make these adorable Totoro Pull-Apart Bread Bun! An Asian-Style Matcha bun with red bean filling and cute Totoro decorations.
- Students will learn the TangZhong method in Asian Bread-Making
- Hands-on experience of making two different buns with the same dough
- Understand fundamentals of bread-making - ingredients and techniques
- Ability to apply professional bread-making techniques such as kneading, rounding, proofing
- Introduction of ingredients
- A step by step demonstration on how to prepare red bean fillings
- A step by step demonstration on how to prepare bread dough
- Participants will proceed with preparing their own and bake matcha Totoro bread bun
- Participants will complete the Totoro bread by decorating with royal icing
All materials will be provided.
Class Duration: 4.5 hours
Class Type: Hands-on, Bread Making Class
Complete the class by bringing home your Totoro Bread Buns and sharing it with your family :)
Do note that preparation and mixing of ingredients will be done in pairs while assembling of buns will be individual work.