Bakkwa Chicken Floss Tart
Bakkwa or 肉干 (a salty-sweet dried meat similar to jerky) and the Singaporean-favourite chicken floss are commonly associated with the Lunar New Year. However, despite the festive spirit long past, we bring you a marriage of unexpected savoury flavours into one sweet-and-savoury tart!
In this class, you’ll learn how to make a cocoa tart from scratch. Learn how to achieve the desired consistency for a dough and how to line the perfect tart shell. The filling for this tart is an aromatic stir fried bakkwa filling that matches perfectly with our french crème patissiere.
About the Course
In this course, you will learn:
- How to make and line your own cocoa tart shell
- How to prepare minced Bakkwa filling
- How to cook chicken floss infused pastry cream
- How to pipe an elegant whipped cream pattern
- Decorate and finish your tart with Bakkwa coins and chicken floss
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Type: Full Hands-on
- Recommended age: 16 Years Old and Above
- Equipment, ingredients and packaging will all be provided
*Students will work in PAIRS for every component, but will be piping and decorating their own tarts.