Bakkwa Chicken Floss Tart
Bakkwa or 肉干 (a salty-sweet dried meat similar to jerky) and the Singaporean-favourite chicken floss are commonly associated with the Lunar New Year. However, despite the festive spirit long past, we bring you a marriage of unexpected savoury flavours into one sweet-and-savoury tart!
In this class, you’ll learn how to make a cocoa tart from scratch. Learn how to achieve the desired consistency for a dough and how to line the perfect tart shell. The filling for this tart is an aromatic stir fried bakkwa filling that matches perfectly with our french crème patissiere.
About the Course
In this course, you will learn:
- How to make and line your own cocoa tart shell
- How to prepare minced Bakkwa filling
- How to cook chicken floss infused pastry cream
- How to pipe an elegant whipped cream pattern
- Decorate and finish your tart with Bakkwa coins and chicken floss
- Duration: 3 Hours
- Type: Full Hands-on
- Recommended age: 16 Years Old and Above
- Equipment, ingredients and packaging will all be provided
*Students will work in PAIRS for every component, but will be piping and decorating their own tarts.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you proceed to register for the class.
- Duration of class might be extended instead of the stipulated timings.
- Cleaning/Washing will be part of the baking experience.
- Fees for scheduled classes must be paid fully in advance to secure your booking. Your booking is only confirmed once full payment has been received.
- Once your booking is confirmed, no refunds or transfers to another class will be given.
- Payment will be fully forfeited regardless of the unforeseen circumstances. We recommend that you arrange for someone to attend in your place. Please inform us of the person who will be attending in your place.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.