Dahlia Bloom on Block Crackle Cake
Learn how to make this bold, sharp cake and a stunning spray of sugar Dahlias in this jam packed full day workshop. From getting sharp edges, to learning how to make this textured Crackle effect and perfecting a wired sugar Dahlia, this course is meant for students who are looking to expand their skills whether as a hobby or cake business. The Cake botanist will demonstrate every technique and give you the cake confidence you need to go further and create more show stopping cakes!
About the Course
On this course you will learn:
- Learn how to mask a tall, square layered cake and use ganaching plates and achieve sharp edges with Ganache
- Learn how to make your own crackle effect on cakes and give it a textured weathered look that is very popular at the moment
- Learn how to make wired Sugar Dahlias and leaves and a bud from Sugar florist paste (gum paste)
- How to work with Sugar Florist Paste and its unique properties and difference from fondant and other pastes
- How to work with various cutters and sugar flower modeling tools to shape flowers and give them a delicate finish
- How to tape and put together a wired flowers, ready for a wedding cake or celebration cake
- How to work with Edible tints and dust sugar flowers to give them a striking professional touch
- How to assemble a wired spray onto a tall cake without it toppling over
- Learn how to work with my brand new product, Safety Seal that can be used to cover both flower wires and fresh flowers, leaves to stick directly into a cake
Plus a lot of skills and advice given to you that you can’t find online and of course everything you have made in the class is for you to take back home!
- Duration: 7.5 Hours
- Type: Full Hands-on
- Recommended age: 21 Years Old and Above
- Equipment, ingredients and packaging will all be provided
- Cake layers will be pre-prepared for students
*Each student will work INDIVIDUALLY to frost your own 6" cake (real cake).
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you proceed to register for the class.
- Duration of class might be extended instead of the stipulated timings.
- Cleaning/Washing will be part of the baking experience.
- Fees for scheduled classes must be paid fully in advance to secure your booking. Your booking is only confirmed once full payment has been received.
- Once your booking is confirmed, no refunds or transfers to another class will be given.
- Payment will be fully forfeited regardless of the unforeseen circumstances. We recommend that you arrange for someone to attend in your place. Please inform us of the person who will be attending in your place.
- In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, the class will be cancelled. We will inform you via email. You can choose to either get a refund of the class fee or attend another class of the same value.